Monday, July 14, 2008

A SAG Weekend

This weekend was the annual SAG Conservatory Summer Seminar held on the AFI campus (and a nice 5 minute drive from my apartment!) It was my first experience with the program. Some 70 classes, workshops, and lectures were held on Saturday and Sunday, and I was able to attend several. I got to meet and work worth several teachers, some of whom are also filmmakers: Shawn Tolleson, Howard Fine, Karine Nissim, and Doug Warhit to name a few. It was an absolutely amazing experience! I picked up many useful nuggets that I will take with me -- from audition tips to career strategy to casting director perspectives, these courses covered a ton of valuable information. I look forward to taking further SAG Conservatory courses/workshops when the new 'semester' rolls around this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!