Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Double Agent (Search)

As I mentioned a couple weeks back, the commercial agent I signed with in March left the agency which kind of leaves me in limbo. The agency let me know through e-mail and said they would contact each of us individually. I'm still waiting. So, not sure what I'm going to do about that...

In the meantime, I have begun to look for a theatrical (film/tv) agent. This is a tremendously difficult process since there are a million actors here seeking representation, and while there are indeed a lot of agencies, there aren't nearly enough spots on their roster to accommodate all of us. Also, getting an agent and getting work go hand in hand, but the catch-22 is that it usually takes an agent to get good auditions/work, but an agent doesn't usually want to sign actors that haven't yet got substantial tv/film work on their resumes.

All that being said, I still hope to land one. I am beginning with a targeted mailing (sending a package with headshot/resume/reel) to 10 or so agents that I would really like to get. If I don't get any responses in a couple weeks or so, I'll send to another 10 and so on. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, I'll find an agent willing to work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!