Monday, January 7, 2008

First Audition of 2008

Well, after a wonderful trip back home, I am back in L.A. It was great to see so many of you guys and catch up. And it was a nice reminder of how lucky I am to have such a supportive group of family and friends. So, thank you all.

I had my first audition of the new year today - really more of a look-see, where they a ton of people, take their picture, and send them on their way. It was for a Honda ATV commercial which sounds like it would be fun. And with the description for what they wanted, "Someone who looks rugged, outdoorsy, etc." it was quite nice: I didn't shave, threw on my flannel and was good to go. I feel like I could be just what they need. Course, I'm sure that I'll be just one of many non clean shaven dudes in flannel that they photograph, so you just hope that you stick out somehow.


Though I should say that it is strange; the feeling that I am just right for a role is usually the kiss of death. The vast majority of things that I have actually gotten, I either didn't fit the original desired description, or I felt like I had a bad audition. So, you never know. And that's true about commercial folks, casting directors, ad execs, too - they often don't really know what they want. So, as an actor all you can do is go in and give it your best "YOU" and hope that strikes them somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!