Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Waiting Game

Yesterday I had the privilege of working background on that same big movie I worked on before Christmas. The location was a brewery outside of town which was cool - in more ways than one. Though it was 80 degrees outside, on set -- inside the giant beercooler -- it was 42 degrees.

At any rate, I realized just how spoiled I've been on this project - in the 10 days or so I've worked, I've been on the set for all but maybe 3 hours, which is great, because you get to spend the day watching the filmmakers work. Most times when you do extra work though, you sit in "extras holding" for most of the day and spend little time on set. That was what yesterday was, about 10 hours in holding. But, that's just part of the business. And, once on set, it was a very slick scene to be a part of...

On a side note, there may be a group that gobbles up self-help books more than Background/Extra Actors, but I sure don't know what it is. Titles I noticed yesterday ranged from Excuse Me, You're Life is Waiting, to Start Late, Finish Rich. Now, if those books really work, I should never see their readers doing extra work again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!