Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bus Ride Has Me Seeing Stars

Today I had to take the bus for the first time since I've moved to L.A. Not because I needed to get anywhere, but because it was part of an assignment for my acting class. I won't get into all the specifics, but it was a way of exercising my imagination, which as I've talked about before, my teacher Paul believes strongly in. And I have really started to see that these 'mental exercises' stretch my imagination in the same way that regular exercises stretch the muscles of the body.

So, I walked down to Hollywood Blvd., and caught the 217 bus which goes straight west through the heart of Hollywood - past the Ripley Museum, the Kodak Theatre where the Oscars will be held in a week or so, the many tourists, and Grauman's Chinese Theatre with all of its celebrity foot and handprints. A dollar and a quarter well-spent, it was a nice way to see the city and after I got off the bus, I got a chance to walk along the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Some pictures of today's journey:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!