Friday, February 22, 2008

Busy Thursday

Before class last night, I had two auditions yesterday:

Sony - There were all types/ages/races of people there, so it is hard to know exactly what they were looking for. They took us in four at a time and asked each of us to tell something unique about ourselves (I talked about teaching college English for the past few years). Again, similar to Wednesday's audition, it seemed like they wanted to find out about personalities of the actors, which is interesting because these were non-speaking roles. Though, as I said before, I don't blame them, I'd like to know the people I'm working with are interesting and not a bunch of crazy folk, too ;)

Print Audition - This one was for a stock photo shoot, which just means that a photographer wants to get some images that they then might sell to one or more clients sometime down the road. They are fun gigs (often just a couple hours), since you usually get paid by the hour and you get to add some cool pics to your portfolio/website.
~~

The final meeting of my 6-week class was last night. Paul, our teacher, ran it like an audition - we each did a scene that we have been working on, on camera to an off-camera partner. After doing the scene, he gave some notes, and we got to do the scene again. It was a nice culmination of all we have been working on. I feel that I have already been able to incorporate some of the skills and techniques I have learned in class, and I look forward to continuing my work with Paul in an on-going capacity.
~~

I have an audition tomorrow for a short film which sounds like a neat project, so keep those fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!