Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fit Jobs and Fish Stories

Yesterday was back to the L.A. I've come to know - mid 80's sunny and HOT. The sunny heat accompanied me around town as I had a pretty busy day.

Had to drive down to Long Beach for a fit model audition at West Coast Choppers. It was a long drive just to try on a pair or work pants and shirt, but if I could get a fitting gig, it would be worth it. As some of you may know, I did fittings for men's clothing company Bachrach back in Chicago for almost 3 years -- and it was the BEST JOB EVER. For a fitting job, they just look for someone with certain measurements and try all their new lines on that person -- so they can make all their clothes fit the same spec. So, if you are lucky enough to be just the right size, you get paid (pretty handsomely, usually) to try on clothes. Nice, hey? So, we'll see...

In the afternoon I had a print audition in Hollywood for Microsoft. It was just a few pictures and they asked if I knew how to fish. Of course I said 'Yes,' even though it's been a good 15+ years since I have done so! So, should I get it, I may have to enlist someone out here to show me the basics again...

Last night was my first Casting Director workshop at The Network Studios. It was with CD Jennifer Lare who works at Cami Patton Casting. The scene I got was from a sitcom and comedy is always a challenge for me - so much about timing and pace. We did it once and then got some notes and did it again. I felt okay about it, especially after the adjustments, but I do know that comedy cold reads are something I need to work on. She is mainly casting one hour dramas now, so hopefully I'll get a chance to read for her in that capacity sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!