Monday, June 9, 2008

Next Steps

As I mentioned the other day, I am now a SAG member. So, what's next? I'm not sure to be honest, there is no real road map to follow to certain success. But there are a few things I'm doing right now:

1) I am sending postcards to all of the commercial casting directors that I've auditioned for (and many others I would like to!) letting them know that I am now a member of the Union -- maybe as my postcard crosses their desk, they will need to read someone just like me! At worst, they'll glance at my picture for a second before they toss it.

2) I am sending headshots/resumes and/or postcards to the theatrical (TV/Film) casting directors that I have met so far, letting them know as well that I am now SAG. Since most solid shows/films out here are union projects, I have heard from many sources that -- provided you fit the role of course -- a CD would much prefer to cast someone who is already a member of the union.

3) I would like to begin my theatrical agent search. That is, I would like to get my headshot/resume in front of some and hope they find me interesting enough to bring in for an audition. I understand that getting an agent is one of the most difficult things to do out here, and it is especially difficult to get one without getting good -- paying! -- jobs on my own first. Of course, an agent would be much more likely to sign someone he can see is already out there making money. But, the catch is that it is difficult to get such jobs without an agent in your corner pitching you to the casting directors/producers. Hence I am indeed trying to get myself in front of CD's on my own as well (see #2 above and additionally I'm sending my info to different CD's every day...)

There are no certainties, especially with the SAG contract expiring at the end of the month, but I figure my best bet is to just keep getting myself (and my picture, resume, etc.) out there.

My IMDb page has a few credits/photos on now and hopefully I'll be able to add to it soon! Please check it out if you have a minute: Jeff's IMDb Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!