Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More Extra Bits

I visited Central Casting today in Burbank. They are the largest extras casting agency in town handling (according to them) about 93% of primetime shows and 70% of feature films. So, by registering with them, one has a decent shot of getting on some big projects. It is an agency that I call, rather than the other way around - I call a hotline that is always updating with new jobs. So, that should be interesting!

Again, I must say that even if it does lead to a lot of extra work, it is not exactly ideal. I'd much rather be auditioning for, and doing, principal work. BUT, until I am doing that, and doing that consistently, extra work will hopefully be a good way to make some money and meet some other people.
~~~~

FYI - I've made some updates to my website (mainly adding a couple cold read/audition clips). So, if you have a moment, please check it out by clicking on the link on the right side of this page. Also, I have a link on the right directly to my IMDb page.
~~~~

Finally, my friend -- and one of the immensely talented writers I find myself lucky enough to be surrounded by out here -- David, continues to write amazingly funny and insightful short pieces every week on his blog, so please check that out if you want to hear a good story/and or get a laugh: David Dean Bottrell's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!