Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Midwesterner About Town


Over the last few weeks, I've ventured to various L.A. locales, trying to become better acquainted with the town I now call home. Went to the Magic Castle which is a glorious old mansion that is now home to all things magic - a very cool time with some unbelievable shows. Went to the Geffen Playhouse in Westwood (the very nice neighborhood where UCLA can be found) to see a friend of a friend of Gina's in a show. What a beautiful theatre!

I've also visited the new home of my former landlady in the historic 'Hollywoodland' neighborhood. Surrounded by some of the original Hollywoodland homes from the 1920's, hers is actually from the '60s, and situated directly below the famous HOLLYWOOD sign. A good start, but I've got a ways to go; among the other LA sites I want to see this summer are the La Brea tar pits and the Disney Hall downtown. Oh, and someday I would like to get back down to the beach ;)

~~~~
Audition: A print audition for clothing designer/consultant MM& -- a picture and dropping off the headshot. Not much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!