Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Breakfast with the Packers

It was nice to wake up and flip on the Packer game which began at 9:30 here. It was even nicer to see Old Man Favre pick apart the Lions secondary, and the defense held on for the victory. I'm not quite convinced they will beat the Cowboys in Dallas next week, but I think it will be a great game and a huge test for that Packer D. Winner will likely get home-field advantage in the playoffs, which could come in quite handy with the famous 'frozen tundra' of Lambeau Field in January.

A quick shout-out to the Bucks for beating my now-hometown Lakers! Looks like the Bucks might finally be putting something together. And Marquette didn't look too bad in bowing to the Dukies in Maui last night. Could be a memorable Wisconsin sports winter...

~~~~

This is the first Thanksgiving I won't be spending with my family (over)eating copious amounts of food somewhere in greater Milwaukee. I'll miss you guys; eat some canned cranberries for me! But, I'm thankful for the chance to be out here, for the opportunity to pursue something I really want. And I'll be back to experience the good old Wisconsin cold in just a few short weeks for Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!