Monday, November 26, 2007

Audition Parking - Grrrr!

I had an audition today for a music video. No, I'm not trying to get my krunk on as a 50 Cent back-up dancer, it is actually for one of those "story" videos, by country legend Randy Travis. A low-paying but good exposure gig.

Cities change, but audition stories stay pretty much the same... So, here goes: it was near impossible to find parking there since that neighborhood had posted "No Parking Monday Noon to 3 p.m. Street Cleaning" signs up on all south bound streets. My audition time was 12:25, and I got near the building around 12:00. Finally, after 15 minutes of looking I found a spot a few streets away, and I got in the building about 12:20.

Turns out it didn't matter, there were at least 50 other people waiting there, and everybody was going in in order that they arrived, regardless of their assigned time. I realized this was not really an audition, more of a "cattle call" where they'll probably see 500-600 folks over the course of the day. Since his was a non-speaking role, everybody essentially just got their picture taken, and so 6 were going in at a time. After 45 minutes of waiting about, I got my 20 seconds of fame. Finished with that I headed to my car where I found a nice red (not Chicago orange) parking ticket on my windshield. Yep, turns out my spot was on the one north bound street that was marked for street sweeping, and I didn't see the sign at the end of the block. And it turns out that the parking checker got me just about 6 minutes before I got back to my car. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!