Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"So, tell me about yourself..."

I had my first job interview in many moons yesterday; not an audition for an acting job, an actual interview for an actual real-person job.  Well, it's a part-time job, so not exactly a full-on real-person gig, but still...

It was for an ESL teaching position that would require a lot of hours for not a lot of pay -- a refrain that no doubt sounds familiar to many teachers out there.  I'm not exactly sure it would be a good fit for me, but that's a river I can cross if and when I get offered the position.  Still, it was nice to finally hear back from one of the dozens upon dozens of resumes I've sent out over the past several months.  And it was good to dust off those interview skills before they atrophy entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!