Sunday, September 11, 2011

American Family


My first post-cast audition had me throwing on a suit and heading to PopCasting for an American Family Insurance spot last Friday.  It was one of the ever-more-popular "tell me about yourself" auditions.  So, along with 100 or so other gents (and ladies) throughout the day, I stood in front of a guy and a camera answering questions, "Any travel plans?  Where are you from?"

From these personality interviews, the client will decide which one person they want to be the AGENT in the commercial.  The agent is seen shaking hands with CUSTOMERS while a voiceover guy extols the virtues of American Family Insurance.  So, there is no dialogue for the agent in the commercial and he/she is only seen for a brief moment.  I know, I know, hard to believe they (and WE) go to that much trouble for a role like this, but that's the way it is.   And for the one lucky soul who gets the gig, it's definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!