Monday, September 12, 2011

Golden Age of Cheese?


As a Wisconsin sports fan, I feel pretty blessed over the last year.  Of course the Packers won the Super Bowl in February and are off to a great start so far in 2011.  But the Brewers are also playing at a clip unseen since the days of Fingers and Harvey's Wallbangers.  (Both the Packers and Brewers on covers of Sports Illustrated in the same year?!)  Add to that the Badgers football team that narrowly lost in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day and is looking like a national title contender this year, and two perennial NCAA teams in Marquette and Wisconsin and you have some pretty great things for a cheesehead to cheer about these days.

Being so far away, I can only wistfully look at the overflowing crowds at Miller Park and Lambeau Field and wish I was there to cheer in person.  But, I am glad to know that my friends back home are showing up in droves.  And while I know it might be too much to ask, I would love to see the Brew Crew in the fall classic.  So, Sports Gods, please see what you can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!