Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Turning Japanese?

Today I had an audition for a Nissan commercial -- the catch is that the spot was only going to be used in Japan. (It is shooting in Vegas, but that's neither here nor there...) So, of course there was no copy (commercial speak for "dialogue"), and the audition consisted of a complex series of mimed actions: strolling confidently to the imaginary car, walking around said car, letting the invisible lovely lady out of the passenger side door, watching her imaginary self walking away, coming back around to the driver's side, opening the unseen door, sitting down in my (not imaginary) chair/seat, gripping the invisible steering wheel and driving away down the unseen road.

This was all great fun, though there were many like me doing the same walk and dance, so we'll see. On a side note, I'm not exactly certain why the Japanese car buying public would be more likely to buy a car after seeing a white dude like me on a commercial for the brand, but I guess that's why I'm not in business of marketing.

Luckily though, I am in the business of imagining...

1 comment:

  1. Stop making up stories to justify all the time you are spending with your imaginary girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!