Friday, March 28, 2008

Sister Act






Sorry I have been lax in updating the blog this week. It has been quite hectic -- though in a good way. Best of all, my sister Jen came to visit. She was only able to stay a few days, but we managed to get quite a lot in! The weather was beautiful and I know she appreciated being in the sun, having just come from a 15 in. snowfall. We spent a lot of time outdoors, and it really made me appreciate the opportunities I have out here amongst this craziness to drive for 30 minutes or so and be completely immersed in nature. We went to Santa Monica pier (where Jen recognized 'Super Nanny' being filmed) and walked along the beach for awhile. The ocean water was cold on the feet and my shorts got wet when I was hit by a rogue wave ;)

Tuesday we went hiking in La Canada park with some friends. It was a pretty rigorous 5 mile hike filled with absolutely gorgeous views. Though there were a couple close calls, like when I decided to take a "shortcut," but we all made it through unscathed! (though Jen said her calves were barking the next day ;)

In the three days of Jen's visit, we also managed to hit some great neighborhood restaurants, and watch a bunch of (mostly bad) movies. It was very nice - come back soon, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!