Thursday, May 20, 2010

Luminous Beings Are We...

NERD ALERT -- As many of you know, I am a huge Star Wars geek.  So, you can imagine my unadulterated excitement when I won an ArcLight Theatre trivia contest to see a special 30th anniversary screening of one of my all-time favorite movies: The Empire Strikes Back.  I got dressed up in my Star Wars finest and dragged my friend Todd along.  As to be expected, I got chills when the music began and the opening crawl started... The digital projection and sound was absolutely superb! And damn that movie still holds up well...

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. -- Yoda  


4 comments:

  1. CooooooL!!! I can only imagine what an awesome experience this was for you. I love the Original Star Wars films.
    Now, where are the pictures of you dressed
    up? = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, sorry. This is Hollywood, I thought you may have dressed up as a character from the film.

    I need sleep, been up for two days processing images. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! yeah, no full costume for me ;) though I have been known to dress up as (a very tall!) Yoda from time to time...

    (by the way -- love the shots from the Bruckheimer ceremony! so, so cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe That's great, love it!

    Thank you so much for your kind comment on the pictures. It was such a fun ceremony to shoot.

    Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!