Thursday, November 13, 2008

CHiPs


Anybody, especially if you're a boy, of a certain age remembers the TV show CHiPs which was on in the late 70's and early 80's. One of my favorite shows when I was a kid. Well, now that I live out here, I occasionally see the California Highway Patrol (CHiPs) in action. And every time I see their bikes and those cool, tight, light brown uniforms, it makes me think of Ponch and Jon. Last night, on the way to my workshop, one such officer pulled behind me on the highway and stayed behind me until I got to my exit. Usually when an officer of the law is driving behind me, I get kind of nervous, but this time I actually thought it was funny -- I kept remembering how Ponch would always pull women over for "being too beautiful" or for "driving without my number" -- what a smoothie.

Of course, all night, while people (including me!) were doing their scenes in class, I had that amazing synth CHiPs theme song running through my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!