Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Big Mo

Just like in sports, I've noticed that momentum is of vital importance out here in Hollywood.  External momentum is key, of course -- building on bookings, successes, jobs, roles, etc.  People always want to jump aboard a moving train, especially what those folks see as a money train... But also necessary is internal momentum -- staying positive and motivated to get you through the slower times.

With that in mind, I'm trying my best to build on booking and shooting my small role on Criminal Minds.  Sure I would like to get representation, but not likely that one more little credit on my resume will make that happen.  So, instead I've been trying to focus on other casting directors -- sending out postcard updates to CDs that I've met at workshops, etc. about that gig and the new reel I have up on my website.  My hope is that one or two might call me in for an audition (the thought being, "well, he's good enough for that show, maybe he could do okay on ours" or something along those lines.)  And maybe, if I can get a few more credits on my own, I could secure good representation -- again, the moving train idea.  But, even if nothing comes of it, at least it has given me a way to feel productive (see: internal momentum) over the last week or so.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!