Sunday, December 20, 2009

Warm Days, Early Nights


It is sunny and warm again here today.  Beautiful, in fact.  It was nice to play softball in shorts and a t-shirt this morning -- and still work up a good sweat!  I trust that I'll be welcomed back to Wisconsin by the open arms of Old Man Winter next week, so I have to take in this heat while I can...

The funny thing about it being in the 70's here this time of year is that it still IS December.  That means short days and early sunsets.  For 30 years or so, 70 degree weather meant to me that it would be light outside until 8 or 9 at night.  So, it takes some getting used to to have it so warm (and summer-like!) during the day, and yet it starts getting dark around 4:30 in the afternoon.

Anyway, I do look forward to seeing some snow and breathing in the crisp Midwest air at home, but at least weather-wise, I may be glad to get back here -- back to running in shorts and t-shirt weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!