Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Fine Mess

Nothing like all your stuff getting wet. Unfortunately, my apartment flooded this weekend. A pipe came loose in the apartment above me and soaked through virtually my whole ceiling, which collapsed in several areas, early Saturday morning. There was standing water over my whole floor (the pictures are AFTER all the standing water and plaster crap has been cleaned out.) And it was black water that smelled horribly from the old ceiling wood/plaster. A real mess. Some stuff I was able to salvage, but I had to get everything out right away. So, now my stuff is in storage and I'm not sure where I'm going to live for however long it takes to fix. Sigh. I have to wait until Monday for my insurance claims guy to call back. Just glad I got that renter's insurance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!