Friday, August 20, 2010

Okay, Okay, I'm Still Here


So, a few of you have noticed that I haven't been blogging too much.  I appreciate that you missed my random rants and often boring updates ;)  The main reason for not writing is that I haven't really been doing a whole lot worth writing about -- or reading about!  I have felt in a little bit of a lull lately career-wise -- though I've been informed by many smarter than me about the industry that feeling such lull-ness out here is a pretty common occurrence.  Still, I'm hoping that a couple recent developments can dig me out of said lull. 

I have been working quite a bit which is good in my pursuit toward qualifying for SAG health insurance this year; a few more days as a photo double on Horrible Bosses and background on a pretty fun Bud Light spot have been the highlights.

But, as for real acting stuff, I got called for two auditions yesterday. Yay!  One was because of a drop-off I did on Wednesday (drop-off = when you bring a headshot/resume directly to a Casting Director's office and, ahem, drop it off...)  I took a workshop several months ago with Ani Avetyan who is an associate on The Closer, and my drop-off worked: she called me in for a small role as a Paramedic on the show.  The audition went pretty well, and I feel like even if I don't have the right look (there were several ages and races represented by the folks in the waiting room), I did well enough that she'll call me back sometime.

Criminal Minds: I am heading BACK to Quixote Studios on Monday for another read in front of the C.M. brass.  This role would be great to play, and I'm looking forward to giving a good read!

Thanks to those of you who keep reading and I promise to be more diligent about updates -- hopefully, I will have exciting stuff to fill these pages with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!