Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's Shakin'?

Right now? Nothing.  But at 4:04 a.m. this morning, my whole place was shakin' thanks to a 4.4 magnitude quake in Southern California whose epicenter was a mere 16 or so miles away.  I woke up with my heart pounding and the feeling that my whole place was shivering.  Very strange.  I had brief, sleepy thoughts of grabbing Art and running outside in my underwear, but thankfully, and luckily for anyone who may have had to witness that, the shaking stopped very quickly. 

Funnily enough over the weekend on the news there was talk of a 4.2 earthquake somewhere in California and my friend said, "Can you even feel a 4.2?"  I'm not sure about that, but I can definitely tell you that you can feel a 4.4.  Rock on, Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!