Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sent to the Principals' Office...In a Good Way!

Yes, that is a plural "principals" since I am referring to what they call the actors on a set, as opposed to the extras/background. The last few days, I have been working as an extra on that same film I spent time on earlier this summer. That's why I haven't made an update yet this week; some loong days...

But, like winning the background lottery, the director picked me to do a close-up in a pivotal scene yesterday, and wonder of wonders, production upgraded me to a principal. This has many significant repercussions for me, not the least of which is an increase in pay for every day I'm on the set. It also allows me more time/experience on set with the directors and actors, greater access to the shooting plans from day to day, my own little trailer, and maybe most significantly, the chance to put the film on my resume and hopefully get a credit in the final film (according to my contract, that is at "producer's discretion.") Getting jobs like this should help make it easier (still not easy, certainly) to attract agents.

I can't really say much about the movie yet due to the plethora of confidentiality agreements I signed, but it comes out next summer. I also don't know how much, if any, of my stuff will be in the final picture, but I hope you'll see my face (and my crazy costume/uniform!) at least a little bit ;)

I've got to catch up on some sleep tonight as I'm up at 3:30 or 4:00 again tomorrow. But, I wouldn't have it any other way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!