Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goin' Back to Cali...

Actually I am back in Cali after a short, but welcome vacation back to the Midwest. I spent most of the time catching up with family, though I did have the opportunity to see some friends which was great. There were a few people that I really wanted to meet up with but wasn't able to and I look forward to doing so at Christmas. Time at home always seems to go so fast...

But, now that I'm back, I need to pick up where I left off in my search to find members for my "team" - specifically a film/tv agent and a manager. I had the serendipitous fortune to sit next to a manager and her daughter on my flight back to LA and we connected pretty well. Hopefully, I can follow up on that as a possibility. I've also sent out another headshot/resume mailing to 10 or so casting directors in town that are currently casting some shows/films that I think I'd be a good fit with. I still haven't had much success with such 'cold' mailings (most actors get on these CDs' radar through their agent or manager) but I have heard of people getting called in on mailings, so it doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to try to keep up on this weekly to different CDs. Again, if anyone has a friend or family member in the casting business, please let me know and put in a good word for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!