Saturday, August 16, 2008

Other Benefits

Made it through a long, but good, week with filming wrapping at about 8:30 last night. They spent virtually all day getting coverage (close-ups) of single scene -- it took that long because there were many characters and they needed to get shots from each's point of view. I wasn't in that scene, but had to spend the day on set close by just in case they needed a shot through the door or something where a flash of my bright blue uniform would be seen. But, I don't mind that at all - getting paid to relax and/or watch these guys work is just fine by me.

In additional to the benefits I mentioned the other day, being on this set had a couple others. One, the food was tremendous. I could go on and on about it, but suffice it to say that just about anything you could want was available almost all the time. That plus the long hours means I don't really have to pay for food or groceries. Not bad.

Also, yesterday I got some weapons training. I am nearly positive that I won't be firing a weapon in this film, but I still got to learn some rudimentary combat skills, and fire off some rounds (blanks). Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!