Friday, May 9, 2008

The Week's Auditions & SAG Strike Update

Auditions:
Badcock Furniture - Florida Regional Commercial: A spoof of the eharmony.com ads. While it seems like me and 'my wife' are telling why we are a perfect match, in reality we are extolling the virtues of our Badcock furniture. Pretty funny actually.

Latta Margarine - European Commercial: I had to say "You already had breakfast?" in four languages: English, Swedish, German & French. Luckily they played a looped tape while we were waiting that kept repeating the lines. I felt like I did pretty well, all things considered.

First Tech Credit Union - Northwest Regional Commercial: I had to simulate that I was skydiving and my parachute didn't open. Then, the 'Hero' guy - think Puddy from Seinfeld - rescues me by offering his parachute. A comedic spot, the final commercial will actually be shot on green screen with the actors hanging 10 feet in the air. That would be fun!

BMW - Europe & Japan: No lines, I just had to stand in line at a checkout place, and react to the people in front of me and to the cashier. Nothing fancy.

~~~~
This week, the SAG contract negotiations screeched to a halt, and the word is that both sides are very far apart. A strike at the end of June is looking more and more likely. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!