Thursday, January 19, 2012

Football Mitt (Romney)


Look at that follow-through -- could be John Elway!  I don't know a whole lot about politics, and can't say I'm a fan of this guy, but I did find this story interesting.  Apparently, likely Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, was named after distant cousin, Milton "Mitt" Romney who played quarterback for the University of Chicago's second-to-last Big Ten championship team in 1922.  Yes, as this NBC 5 story says: "Before dropping out of Division I sports and going full nerd in the late 1930s, U of C (my graduate school alma mater!) had one of the top football programs in the nation." Go Maroons!

The elder Mitt was then the QB of the Bears for a couple years going 12-1-3 in 1926.  I daresay the Bears could use him now...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!