Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Year.  I spent my day as a bellman walking alongside the Cunard float in the Rose Bowl parade.  It was quite a surreal experience as there were SOO many people! (somewhere close to 900,000 I heard) Wisconsin was well represented with a ton of red in the stands lining the 5-6 mile route through Pasadena...

My feet are a bit sore today thanks to walking in dress shoes, but otherwise I'm no worse for wear.  The Cunard float itself was a pretty big hit with the judges (winning the Queen's Award for "The Best Use of Roses") and fans alike thanks mainly to the band and dancers aboard I think.  Thanks to those of you who messaged or texted that you saw me -- my folks said they got a good close-up view on ABC.  Getting up at 3:30 a.m. on New Year's Day was a bit rough, but it was good to start 2011 with some work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!