Monday, May 11, 2009

Angels & Demons Preview Screening




Gina took me to a preview screening of Angels & Demons at the beautiful new USC cinema school. The buildings are amazing as you can see from the pics -- almost like a huge Italian Villa -- on one side of the courtyard is the George Lucas Building and across the way is the Steven Spielberg Building. In addition to the free premiere, they had an In N Out truck there with free food. You can't beat that!

As for the movie, I thought it was really solid -- much better overall than The Da Vinci Code. It plays pretty well as a thriller, and they left out many of the truly absurd parts of the book. As for my small part: it became an even smaller part, as some stuff we shot got cut. But, I'm just grateful to be in it at all! If you venture out to see the movie (which opens May 15), look for me hanging around the Pope's office mainly. I'll be decked out in my blue Swiss Guard uniform. (There are many scenes with such Swiss Guards during the movie, but I was only around the Pope's office and in one other scene when Tom Hanks runs out of the archives building and gets into a car.)

It will be interesting to see how this movie does in terms of Box Office. I know the book wasn't as big of a seller as "Da Vinci", but I hope people come out and see this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!